5 Ways to Improve Your Ecommerce Packaging Design and StyleLeave a Comment
Online shopping is continuously growing in popularity, which means many consumers will encounter your product for the first time through a website purchase. They don’t get the opportunity to touch it and see it up close, so having the best ecommerce packaging is your most powerful tool for influencing buying decisions and attracting loyal customers.
In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at some ecommerce packaging ideas and design best practices.
1. Fit the Packaging to Your Product
The smaller the package, the lower your carbon footprint and the less you have to spend on it, making it a good idea to fit your packaging as closely to the product as possible, preferably with a bit of space to add padding and protection. This also helps to prevent damage to your product during transit, as it will not jostle around in your packaging.
2. Consider Protective Packaging Materials
Balancing a close fit with practical packaging solutions means there will still be a little space between your product and the package. This gap will need to be filled with something, depending on your particular product and how fragile it is. You have many options to choose from for protective packaging, including:
- Bubble Wrap
- Packing Paper or Foam
- Air Pillows
- Packaging Paper (HexcelWrap™is an excellent curbside recyclable and repulpable choice)
3. Using Reusable or Recyclable Packaging
Reusable and recyclable packaging reduces waste while improving your company’s image as a sustainable and responsible one. Consumers feel better about their purchase, as they will be aware that they are not contributing to waste, and they may be more likely to purchase from you again in the future based on this value. Today’s recyclable options are just as durable as non-recyclable choices, ensuring your products will arrive safely.
An alternative (or addition) to recyclable packaging is reusable packaging. Creative reversible mailers, for one example, allow customers to return merchandise. Boxes can be reused as a gift wrap alternative.
4. Know Your Printed Materials
Printed materials give you a wide variety of options for reaching your customers. These are especially important for ecommerce packaging:
- Printed Tape: Custom printed tape can be less expensive than a printed box while allowing you to maintain your branding.
- Bubble Mailers: With a durable poly exterior and bubble wrap on the inside, bubble mailers are great for mailing small items. You can keep printing simple on poly mailers, or you may choose to add more complex designs or information via stickers.
- Flat Mailers: Flat mailers are typically made of paper, poly, or cardboard, which are easily printed with your branding or product information.
- PACjacket: When you require a high volume of high-quality sealed bags, the PACjacket can produce 15-20 of them every minute. It is an automatic system where you can make your own mailer that can increase your fulfillment efficiency by up to 500%.
- Custom Mailers: Customized branded mailers allow you to create one that fits your product, rather than trying to make a standard mailer work for your unique item.
5. Keep Your Packaging Choices Consistent & Unique
Your packaging becomes a part of your brand as return customers know what to expect when they receive a package from you. Your customers will be able to identify your distinct bags and boxes, and you will ultimately save money from not constantly reinventing the packaging style.
Unique, attractive packaging increases the chances of it being shared with others, too: unboxing videos on YouTube and features on other social media channels have notably been on the rise in recent years. Companies may encourage this sharing by offering giveaways and perks for those who create this content, further helping to spread brand awareness.
Ecommerce Packaging at TPC Packaging Solutions
From tapes and labels to mailers, packaging equipment, and protective packaging, TPC Packaging Solutions has everything you need for effective ecommerce-ready packaging. With more than 50 years of experience across industries, we stand ready to help fulfill your needs and build long-lasting relationships with our clients. We take an innovative approach to everything we do, investing in the latest technology and top education and training for our team, so we can deliver the best ecommerce packaging solutions for you.
Contact us to learn more about our unique packaging ideas for shipping your products safely and in a way that brings your brand home to your customers.