What’s New at TPC Packaging Solutions? (October 2021 Updates)
There are many exciting things happening at TPC Packaging Solutions lately, and we wanted to share them with you. In this blog, we will highlight some of the biggest updates at TPC in recent months, including our converting and die cutting services, electric vehicle (EV) battery capabilities, and our online equipment catalog.
New Converting & Die Cutting Services
TPC is proud to offer a superior selection of converting services for a wide range of materials. Our converting capabilities include:
- Precision cutting. We use the most advanced equipment available to perfectly cut even the most intricate designs within the tightest tolerances.
- Slitting. The TPC team can customize your master rolls into a variety of widths, including narrow and non-standard, based on the precise dimensional requirements of your application.
- Printing. TPC offers extensive printing capabilities for your packaging solutions, including flexographic, thermal, inkjet, and foil stamping.
- Prototyping. We have the ability to create prototypes quickly and without tools.
- Laminating adhesive substrates. We are able to laminate adhesives to one or both sides of a substrate.
- Spooling and rewind finishing. TPC provides customized spool-wound products to suit the needs of each client and ensure fewer roll changes.
- Tool-less die cutting. At TPC, our laser gives us the ability to do tool-less die cutting, kiss cutting, perfing, and more without waiting for dies.
We also provide several types of die cutting services and can advise you on the most cost-efficient and precise method for your purposes. We rely on die cutting to produce many types of products, including foam tapes and protective films. The die cutting process provides precise cuts, decreases scrap material, and maximizes productivity. TPC provides two types of in-house die cutting:
- Rotary die cutting. This type of die cutting uses cylindrical dies attached to a rotary press to cut precise shapes. It also slits, laminates, and perforates materials.
- Flatbed die cutting. Also referred to as steel rule die cutting, this process cuts custom designs from materials using a flatbed die cutting press and steel rule dies.
At TPC, our in-house capabilities for die cutting are extensive. Our rotary die press can perform guillotine cutting, scoring, island placement, liner changes, pneumatic knock-out stations, and more. We also have a flashcut table that allows us to cut shapes, punch holes, score, and fold without using a cutting die, making it ideal for prototyping or sample runs. We regularly work with a diverse selection of materials, including rubber, plastic, abrasive materials, pressure-sensitive materials, and more.
EV Battery Capabilities
As electric vehicles become more prevalent in the automotive industry, EV batteries become an area of critical importance. TPC offers high-quality adhesives, tapes, and encapsulation materials to hold and protect electric car batteries. Our EV battery solutions include:
- Cell-to-cell bonding
- Compression pads
- Thermal runaway protection
- Thermal interface materials (TIMs)
- Pack seal and gasketing
- Flexible busbar adhesives
- Electrical insulation
- Cell wrapping
Choosing the right type of tape and adhesive is critical in EV battery applications. At TPC, all our products for EV batteries have been specially designed for optimal performance in the specific challenges of electric vehicle operating environments.
Online Packaging Equipment Catalog
Investing in the right packaging equipment can dramatically increase your company’s productivity. Automated and semi-automated packaging solutions enhance your staff and free up time to focus on other important tasks.
TPC provides customized packaging solutions and stocks a wide range of equipment. Our packaging equipment portfolio can be seen in our online catalog, where you will find all the details on our equipment’s features and specifications. If you see something you’re interested in, you can request more information directly from the catalog.
Packaging Equipment & Services at TPC Packaging Solutions
If you’re looking for a reliable provider of customized packaging solutions, TPC has over 50 years of experience and a broad portfolio of services and equipment to meet your needs. Our team works closely with you to choose the perfect processes, adhesives, and other solutions, enabling you to streamline processes and budgets. If you’re looking for packaging equipment, EV battery solutions, converting, or die cutting services, please contact us to get started on your customized solution.